Change Agent and Executive Director of Aprio Firm Foundation Mike Maksymiw joins me to discuss his journey of becoming a Change Agent, the core problems in accounting, and how he helps CPA firms free up their time.
- The benefits of joining a leadership academy.
- How Mike became a Change Agent for accountants.
- The difference between production skills and leadership skills.
- Ways a career coach can help you make decisions.
- The power of networking when looking for a new job.
- The core problems in accounting.
- Common strategies accounting firms use to free up time.
- How to decide which clients to focus your energy on.
- AICPA Leadership Academy
- The Big Leap
- EQ vs. IQ
- Delivering Happiness
- The Happiness Project
- Sean Boyce on LinkedIn
Get our awesome product content delivered daily-ish to your inbox
- 18:00 – “It’s what I want to do and I know there are not a thousand of these jobs out there but I only need one. I just need one company that’s crazy enough to think the way that I do, that believes in what I believe in, that’s going to pay me to work in this area.”
- 24:54 – “Because it’s all data driven and accountants like playing with numbers it’s not difficult to execute, it’s time intensive but it’s summer time if you want to reprioritize your client list before the next busy season now’s a really good time to get started on it.”