Vice President of Product Management at Jama Software Jeremy Johnson joins me to discuss how he maximizes his effectiveness as a project manager, the importance of listening to customer feedback, and how to move faster in product development.
Get our awesome product content delivered daily-ish to your inbox
Jeremy has spent over 12 years building, coaching, and leading diverse global teams to develop and execute product strategies and go-to-market plans to improve customer experience and drive revenue growth. Here are a few of the topics we’ll discuss on this episode of Product Launch:
- The benefits of having a non-technical background when working in product management.
- How having an effective understanding of the responsibility and importance of the functional areas of an organization will help you be a better product manager.
- How to perform product management effectively in a complex environment with a team.
- The importance of effective processes to ensure that product management is done well.
- Sharing responsibility on your product team to make sure that you can be agile and consistent.
- The Jama Connect value proposition and how their customers benefit from using it.
- Why receiving customer feedback about how to improve a product is critical no matter how complex the product is.
- How to move faster in product development by being more thorough with your product design and testing process.
- Sean Boyce on LinkedIn
- 16:15 – “Our business aligns with the way our product is utilized with our customers. They themselves are balancing some level of innovation, agility, go-to-market urgency, time to market, and things like that.”
- 20:46 – “The biggest thing that we continue to reinforce, and I continue to reinforce with my team, is getting the feedback directly from the customers or validating what we’re hearing internally.”