Get our awesome product content delivered daily-ish to your inbox
Sign up for my free email course on how to build a profitable AI-powered B2B SaaS for less than $750
This episode, CEO of Memrise Steve Toy talks about the most important aspects of learning a language, the different ways AI can be used in language learning, and how Memrise differentiates itself from other language learning applications.
Steve Toy is a Senior Leader experienced in driving organizational change and managing high-growth agendas, who has spent his career bringing technology to life, leading digital strategy across multiple channels, transforming ideas that have led to multi-million-dollar businesses, and executing the profitable deployment of new technologies across multiple industries
Steve is currently the CEO of Memrise and has over 25 years of experience as CEO, General Manager, V.P, and board director in publicly traded and private companies with up to 250,000 staff and annual revenues of over $15 Billion. Here are a few of the topics we’ll discuss on this episode of Product Launch:
- The most important aspects of learning a language.
- How Memrise differentiates itself from other language learning applications.
- Different ways AI can be used to learn a language.
- The key principles to learning a language.
- Why you need a customized approach to learning another language.
- The unique language learning problems AI can solve..
- The impact scale can have on both a company and its users.
- The global trends in language learning.
- Important principles CEOs need to lead a company.
Connecting with Steve Toy:
Connecting with the host:
- 03:27 – “Most people are kind of reluctant to speak when they’re learning a language because they’re worried they’re going to sound like a 5-year-old because they’re going to sound like a 5-year-old. That judgment that fear of judgment is what stops people but when you’re in a country if you want a sandwich if you want a beer if you want a train ticket, you’re going to have to use the language.”
- 15:48 – “Businesses that need to continually improve the English skills of their customer support group can actually have lessons made from the customer support videos that they have in their business and so now the users, their employees, will be learning the words and memorizing the words that they use in their day-to-day life, they will be hearing the words from the videos that talks about their very business, learning the product as well along the way and they can practice with a bot that is trained to be a customer that doesn’t know how to use the product that the company sells, that’s how tightly we can train these products.”
- 19:03 – “A taxi driver in Hungary makes more money when they speak English, a waiter in Caracas makes more money when they speak English.”