This episode, Founder of Warmup Inbox and Dabble Ventures talks about the process of bootstrapping a SaaS company, the biggest challenges in the SaaS industry, and how to know if a product is scaleable.
Get our awesome product content delivered daily-ish to your inbox
Sign up for my product email list to receive free daily-ish advice right to your inbox
- The process of bootstrapping a SaaS company.
- How to know if a product is scaleable.
- The biggest challenges in the SaaS industry.
- How to find out if your product will succeed online.
- Early signals that a SaaS website will be succesful.
- How to know which search words to rank in.
- 08:24 – “I said ok can I make the product better, just like a checkbox of is this product better? And then can I make it 10 times cheaper and one thing that I didn’t realize people would write in for Warmup Inbox and be like why is this so cheap is this legit? And that would be a customer support question that would come in a lot and I’m realizing that if you can actually get people to ask that question you are on to something.”
- 09:02 – “One of the biggest issues in SaaS right now is it’s truly a race to the bottom like you might see on Twitter people saying hey you copied my idea or I can’t believe there are so many copycats it’s really because these products are so simple to make.”
- 11:54 – “If you make it a goal for someone to ask you why this is so cheap, you’re clearly onto something because without probably knowing it what they’re giving away is that basically, I need this and I can only find it elsewhere much more expensive so they’re almost underscoring for you, there’s a huge opportunity here I just need a quick sanity check before I dive in.”
- 21:34 – “It can’t hurt to try to start a company for a couple of weeks and just see what roadblocks you run into.”